TWEEN TIME is a home-grown, community-based ministry supported by Audrey’s Harvest (a Texas 501c(3) non-profit organization). Tween Time’s goals are to reach 4th-8th grade girls and their families with Jesus’ love and to equip them to integrate their Christian faith into daily life.
Our motto is FAITH, FRIENDSHIP, FUN!
Age-appropriate Bible teaching with an emphasis on cultivating a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and learning to incorporate faith into daily life.
Relationship skill-building with peers in the community where you live.
Good old-fashioned fun and freedom in a place where you are accepted and loved.
We employ a two-pronged approach: evangelism and discipleship.
Evangelism—Sharing the good news of Jesus Christ and presenting an invitation to begin a personal relationship with Him. Providing a safe space for exploring Christianity and its claims.
Discipleship—Encouraging believers in Christ to develop into committed followers. Equipping them with the skills they will need to study and understand the Bible and to defend their faith. Challenging them to exercise their faith in real life. Associating them with like-minded peers for daily encouragement and accountability.
We desire to provide our girls with real-life examples of Christians working out their faith—both within their own community and within the culture at large.
We want our girls to know:
- The reality of Christ’s power
- That the Bible is true, reliable, living, and active
- That the Bible is not just a list of rules
- The “WHY” of God’s instructions for living
- How to apply biblical truth to real life
- That the Christian life is the way of greatest joy, peace, adventure, & freedom
WHAT IS TWEEN TIME LIKE?
- A typical day at Tween Time consists of free play, snack time, large group music/worship time, and small group Bible study/prayer in a neighbor’s home.
- Extra activities included as time permits (crafts, games, and mission projects are examples).
- Tween Time hosts several big events throughout the year, some of which include families.
- Parents are always welcome to visit and see what we are up to–just let your child’s small group leader know you would like to observe.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- Tween Time believes in the inerrant Word of God in the Bible and in the sufficiency of the birth, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ for salvation (by grace through faith). We are non-denominational.
- While we are expressly Christian in our teaching, we welcome little girls from families of all faiths (seekers and skeptics, too) to join us in small group Bible study if their parents give them permission to participate.
- Tween Time’s a blast! It’s a great way to make new friends and get to know God better. We would love to have you join us!
- 4th-8th grade girls welcome.
Questions: Email email@example.com or call Sarah Moran at 512-507-4187.